Queensland has a new planning system that will ensure the community is at the forefront of the planning process.
The new Planning Act 2016 will create a new, simplified planning system that is easier to navigate for the community.
Key features of the system include:
- Councils and State Government to publish reasons for decisions on development applications
- Improved public access to information
- Better community engagement opportunities
- Greatly reduced potential for the community to face adverse cost ordersin court appeals
- A streamlined development assessment process
- Clearer, simpler categories of development
- Greater certainty through a new 'bounded' code assessment
- Stronger protection for heritage buildings
The new system embraces genuine community engagement while giving the industry certainty to deliver jobs, better protects our heritage and adressess the threat of climate change.